Ready to start STREAMING on your TV?   

Service Forms

Utiltiy Service FormsWhether you need new service or are moving out of town or just moving across the street , you can find the form you need below. Have questions? Give us a call at (319) 332-0100.

Apply for New Service

Welcome to the area! We are pleased to be your utility provider. You can stop by our office at 700 7th Ave NE between 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday to complete a utility application.If you prefer to submit the application online, please click on the application links below.  We will also need a copy of your Driver's License and your Social Security Number when you apply for new service. A deposit or letter of credit from your former Electric utility is also required.

Electric Service Applications

Residential Utility (Electric,Water,Sewer) Service
Business Utility (Electric,Water,Sewer) Service

Cable & Internet Applications

Residential Cable & Internet Application
Business Cable & Internet Application

Telephone Service Applications

Residential Telephone Application
Business Telephone Application
e911 Terms of Service Form
Local Number Portability Form

Change Mailing Address

Occasionally, we know that our customers will want their utility bill sent to an address that is different than their service address. This can be done by calling our office at (319) 332-0100 or by completing the Change of Address form.

Transfer Service

If you are currently a Independence Light & Power residential customer and you are moving to another address within our service area, you may transfer your service by calling our office at (319) 332-0100 or by completing the Transfer Service form.

Terminate Service

If you are moving out of the Independence area and need to close your account with us, please call us at (319) 332-0100 to let us know your anticipated termination date. You can also complete the Request to Discontinue Service form.

Report Street Light Outage

We appreciate your assistance in making Independence a safer place for pedestrians, traffic and the community.

If you see a city street light out, please submit the Street Light Outage form. Independence Light & Power will take the appropriate action to make sure the light is replaced in a reasonable amount of time.